tirsdag den 27. oktober 2009

Time to write papers

It’s getting darker and darker outside, we turned back the clock the other day – the winter is truly upon us. This also means that it’s time to turn up our sleeves and start writing papers! The next few weeks will include doing a lot of research and creating an absolutely brilliant outline. The tricky part is always how do you get started?
I like to mind map – I write what is key to my project in the center – and then branch out and write different aspects that I want to cover like the concepts, theory, history, debate, actors, future, and so on. I feel like writing my paper becomes so much easier that way, because then I just have to “fill out” each topic.
To make sure I get all the technical stuff in there too I close read the handbook where all the rules are listed, and then make a list of all the criterias. I love lists! I love the feeling of being able to check stuff off when I’m done with it. It also helps keep me organized, which I’ve gotten a lot better at.
And then I make my time frame. Buffer zones are key! Make running deadlines for different parts of the project. You can always readjust if something comes up along the way – but this way you make sure you get back on track. And don’t make the final deadline the one that the university gives you - make it a few days before that.
Wish me luck.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar