lørdag den 17. oktober 2009

Pumpkin Project

Today was pumpkin day! I got this really big pumpkin for only 20 Dkr the other day, so I’ve been looking at designs for what I wanted to carve. I couldn’t decide which one to choose so I did three. My arms are so sore right now from all the scraping and carving – but I’m really happy with the result. This is only my 2. Pumpkin ever!

Tips and tricks


First, you make the lid – make sure to cut in to the pumpkin at a 45 degree angle, this will make it so that the lid doesn’t fall through the pumpkin when you are done. And remember to cut the hole wide enough so that you can get your hand through it.
When you clean out the pumpkin, clean out as much as you can so that you give yourself a thin a “shell” to cut through.
Find yourself a template of what you want to carve, print it out and tape it to your pumpkin
Take a safety pin and punch holes along the outline of your image, and then remove the paper - you are left with a “dotted” outline of your image.
Now it’s a matter of connecting the dots – cut following the dotted lines. Start with the small details first.
Have fun!



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar